Having 4 girls is so much fun, yes it’s hard at times but always rewarding. It can also be expensive…
When I started sewing almost 3 years ago, I imagined myself sewing clothes for them, however I found at that time I didn’t enjoy making clothes so I learnt to sew accessories and continued to develop my skills..
Accessories are a huge deal in my home, my girls love having different hair accessories, jewellery, bags ect..
So today’s simple no sew tutorial, is budget friendly and really quick to make, definitely a nap time project !!
This project is easily customisable the size and colour combination are endless!!
1. Get your supplies, fabric, glue gun, interfacing (optional) iron, hair clip or brooch pin
The fabric shown is 8″ x 4″ 4″ x 2.5″ and ~ for the larger bow cut 10″ x 5″ , 4″ x 3″.
2. I used interfacing to stiffen the fabric, but it works just as well without
Iron interfacing onto the wrong side of the larger fabric, fold fabric length wise into the middle , using your iron press in place.
3. Fold the short ends into the middle, let them over lap a little.
4. Glue in place.
5. Take your smaller fabric, fold in half length wise, over lapping a little, press in place.
6. Now pinch in the middle, from the back, hold in place
7.Use the smaller fabric to wrap around the middle of the bow glue in place.
8. Here is the front.
9. Here is the back, now add your attachment!
I made a few more last night, so each of my girls have one ….